标题（title）：Educational Networking: A Novel Discipline for Improved Learning Based on Social Networks
出版社（publisher）：Springer International Publishing
大小（size）：11 MB (11831511 bytes)
This book is related to the educational networking (EN) domain, an incipient but disrupting trend engaged in extending and improving formal and informal academic practices by means of the support given by online social networks (OSNs) and Web 2.0 technologies. With the aim of contributing to spread the knowledge and development of the arena, this volume introduces ten recent works, whose content meets the quality criteria of formal scientific labor that is worthy to be published according to following five categories:
· Reviews: gather three overviews that focus on K-12 EN practice, mixed methods approaches using social network analysis for learning and education, and a broad landscape of the recent accomplished labor.
· Conceptual: presents a work where a theoretical framework is proposed to overcome barriers that constrain the use of OSNs for educational purposes by means of a Platform Adoption Model.
· Projects: inform a couple of initiatives, where one fosters groups and networks for teachers involved in distance education, and the other encourages students the author academic videos to improve motivation and engagement.
· Approaches: offer three experiences related to: Wiki and Blog usage for assessment affairs, application of a method that encourages OSNs users to actively post and repost valuable information for the learning community, and the recreation of learning spaces in context–aware to boost EN.
· Study: applies an own method to ranking Mexican universities based on maximal clique, giving as a result a series of complex visual networks that characterize the tides among diverse features that describe academic institutions practice.
In resume, this volume offers a fresh reference of an emergent field that contributes to spreading and enhancing the provision of education in classrooms and online settings through social constructivism and collaboration policy. Thus, it is expected the published content encourages researchers, practitioners, professors, and postgraduate students to consider their future contribution to extent the scope and impact of EN in formal and informal teaching and learning endeavors.
Table of contents :
Front Matter ....Pages i-xiv
Front Matter ....Pages 1-1
Educational Networking: A Novel Discipline for Improved K-12 Learning Based on Social Networks (Sarah Galvin, Christine Greenhow)....Pages 3-41
Reviewing Mixed Methods Approaches Using Social Network Analysis for Learning and Education (Dominik Froehlich, Martin Rehm, Bart Rienties)....Pages 43-75
Educational Networking: A Glimpse at Emergent Field (Alejandro Peña-Ayala)....Pages 77-129
Front Matter ....Pages 131-131
The Platform Adoption Model (PAM): A Theoretical Framework to Address Barriers to Educational Networking (Dawn B. Branley-Bell)....Pages 133-157
Front Matter ....Pages 159-159
Groups and Networks: Teachers’ Educational Networking at B@UNAM (Francisco Cervantes-Pérez, Guadalupe Vadillo, Jackeline Bucio)....Pages 161-193
Developing a Learning Network on YouTube: Analysis of Student Satisfaction with a Learner-Generated Content Activity (Daniel Belanche, Luis V. Casaló, Carlos Orús, Alfredo Pérez-Rueda)....Pages 195-231
Front Matter ....Pages 233-233
e-Assessments via Wiki and Blog Tools: Students’ Perspective (Tomayess Issa)....Pages 235-268
Lurkers Versus Posters: Investigation of the Participation Behaviors in Online Learning Communities (Omid Reza Bolouki Speily, Alireza Rezvanian, Ardalan Ghasemzadeh, Ali Mohammad Saghiri, S. Mehdi Vahidipour)....Pages 269-298
Learning Spaces in Context-Aware Educational Networking Technologies in the Digital Age (Valéry Psyché, Ben K. Daniel, Jacqueline Bourdeau)....Pages 299-323
Front Matter ....Pages 325-325
Mexican University Ranking Based on Maximal Clique (Edwin Montes-Orozco, Roman Anselmo Mora-Gutiérrez, Bibiana Obregón-Quintana, Sergio G. de-los-Cobos-Silva, Eric Alfredo Rincón-García, Pedro Lara-Velázquez et al.)....Pages 327-395
Back Matter ....Pages 397-404